Friday 13 November 2020

PeppermintOS 10: hide desktop icons

Want to hide your untidy desktop icons?

 

It doesn't look great to have an untidy desktop if you are giving a presentation to customers or colleagues.

Its easy to temporarily hide desktop icons on Peppermint.

background

I use my laptop desktop like I use my physical desktop: I leave things out if I'm still working on them, and try to file them away when I've finished working on them.

So there may be times when I want to temporarily hide my embarrassing collection of desktop icons, for example if I need a screen shot to use in a blog post. But I also want to be able to quickly restore them.

procedure

I don't know about other Linux distros, but in Peppermint 10 the procedure is super-easy:-

  1. right-click on the desktop and select Customise from the pop-up menu
  2. click on Desktop settings
  3. select Desktop Layout and chose No Desktop Icons

When you want them back:-

  1. right-click on the desktop and select Customise from the pop-up menu.
  2. click on Desktop settings
  3. select Desktop Layout and chose Show Desktop Icons on... whatever option you prefer.


While you are there, you may also like to adjust icon size and spacing using the sliders in the Customise dialog.



No comments:

Post a Comment